How to Configure SimpleDDNS on
Hinovision IP Camera?
Hinovision Technical Team
Hinovision IP Cameras supports multiple popular DDNS such as DynDNS and No-IP, in addition it also supports SimpleDDNS which provides exclusive free service for Hinovision products.
Once the DDNS is configured on Hinovision IP Camera, you will be able to access the IP camera directly from Internet instead of from Local Area Network. This provides the possibility to use IP camera as stand-alone device without NVR.
Instead of using a private IP address (192.168.x.x, 10.x.x.x) or Public IP address (which is quite expensive), you can use URL and domain name. And SimpleDDNS service is provided free of charge.
IP Camera DDNS configuration can be accessed through Web Interface or Hinovision iVMS-Pro/Lite client software.
Camera Model: IPC374-AFM
Camera Firmware: V5.4.1 build 160810
Router Model: RT-AC1900
Router Firmware: V18.104.22.168.380_4164
- Configure the port forwarding/DMZ settings on the router, mapping the port for the IP camera or put the IPC IP address in the DMZ zone. Router configuration differs from router to router, in this demonstration we will use RT-AC1900 from Asus.
Currently most Hinovision IPCs uses following 3 ports:
80(HTTP port), 8000 (control information), 554 (RTSP port)
Ports 80, 8000, 554 can be modified in the web configuration.
- Click on Yes for Enable DMZ option
- Enter the IP address of IP camera you wish to map
- Click on Apply, wait for the router to finish configuration
- Go to SimpleDDNS website and register an Account
- Go to IPC web interface, Click on configuration, then click Network – Basic Settings, then click on DDNS.
- Configure the DDNS settings
- Choose SIMPLEDDNS for DDNS Type
- www.simpleddns.com will automatically populate in the Server Address field
- Enter a unique domain name. If you are not sure about the domain name, you can visit www.simpleddns.com to see if you domain name is available.
- Enter your username and password for www.simpleddns.com
- Click on Save
- (Optional) Add your device on www.simpleddns.com.
- Click on Device Management, then Click on Add.
- Enter Device Serial Number and Domain Name of your choice, Click on OK to save.
- You will receive the following notification if successful
- Verify the setting by visit [YourDomainName].simpleddns.com.
If the settings are correct, you will see the following image
Then you will be redirect to the IPC login interface, the URL will start with your Public IP address.